Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hire A Ghostwriter: How I Got One Whose Work Instantly Sent Me Traffic

The first time I tried to hire a ghostwriter it was a disaster. To cut a long horrific tale short, they just didn’t know what they were doing.

It also infuriated me that they did not seem to understand that if I had wanted somebody to write less creative articles than what I would have done myself (and very boring at that) I would hardly have hired a ghostwriter. They seemed obsessed with writing nice well written trash that would end up doing nothing but eliciting yawns from busy readers.

So I was pretty skeptical the second time round and looked closer at smart well-designed websites with plenty of empty promises and very little to back what they were saying. I ended up at this ugly website (actually a free blog) where this content provider kept talking about traffic generating SEO articles. Actually it all sounded too good to be true except that most of what they were saying seemed to check out.

Still I was not satisfied and it is such a long story how I finally trusted them to even do a single article for me. However what I picked up from the whole experience are a few tips that should prove to be quite useful to anybody who wants to hire a ghostwriter who will make a difference to your site.

How quick will your return on investment be when you hire a ghostwriter?
Don’t believe the big claims you will hear from your ghostwriter. The truth is that the most valuable traffic you will get will be from keywords used at search engines to find your site. This is the most targeted traffic you will get anywhere. Sadly this takes time. Anything between one week (you need lots of luck for this) and several months. The newer your site is, the longer it will take.

From my experience it helps a great deal if the ghost writer you hire knows something about article directory submissions. There are very few article directories that will bring you lots of targeted traffic because they get such high traffic. The content provider I hired knew at least the top two. The effect was that shortly after he completed my articles and posted them at his long list of article directories, I started getting traffic and a few of them converted into paying customers. To be honest I was NOT able to recover my investment in the ghostwriter right away but it felt very good to receive some Paypal cash—a fraction of what I had paid him for his efforts.

I sure hope that these few truths that a ghostwriter may not be able to tell you will help you as you make a decision to find the right ghostwriter for your website or blog. Sorry my ghostwriter may be too busy to handle any writing assignment from you so I suggest that you look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment